“Pictureka! Museum Mayhem” develops in a very messy environment. The story begins with some bandits breaking in the museum in which our protagonist work on the security station. Now, with the bandits still in the museum, she has to track them down and restore the order in the facilities. Of course, she will need your help to do that.
Beyond the story, the game is a game which could be categorized into the “seek & find” category. The story gives a frame for the game to develop, that’s all. Once you are playing the game what you have to do is to find certain items in different messy scenes. The game will provide category cards and some hints in case you get stuck. What makes this game different from others of the kind is that in this one you are not provided of a list of specific items but with category cards with a number of matching objects to find. So, you have to look for those items before being able to pass to the next category card. For example, you will have for look for five items in the category “Things in the space”.
All the game turns around the story so every step you take in the game is to find the bandits and restore the museum order. When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for your name and will have to select a picture as your representation in the game. Then you’ll get to the main menu with the following options on it:
- Change User: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different profiles and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: to start playing the game, after viewing a brief game introduction.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, and full screen.
- Record Room: the page from where you can see your accomplishments in the game.
- Exit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need in order to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows XP: P3 500MHz with 256MB memory.
- Windows Vista: P4 1.4GHz CPU with 1024MB memory.
- 65MB hard drive space.
- 32 MB Video card.
- 16 bit Sound Card.
- IE 5.0.
- DirectX 7